Toxic by Joan963z [R]
Summary: Dawn would not be deterred. “I wish Spike had a soul instead of that damn chip, so you would stop living in denial and see the truth.”
 
To grant the wish Helfrek would have to open a time portal to William's soul just as it left his body. It took less than a second. Neither sister heard the command that echoed through time, “Done.”
~~~
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: cd85
Categories: Season 6, Alternate Reality
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Giles, Dawn, Halfrek, Lorne, Merrick
Genres: Angst, Drama, HEA/HFN
Warnings: Torture (Emotional/Psychological)
Challenges: Spike after the fall, story, Poisonous soul
Event: April Challenge Month 2024
Completed: Yes Chapters: 1
Word count: 5,263 Hit Count: 698 ePub Downloads: 26
Published: April 01, 2024 Updated: April 01, 2024


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

Story Notes: Written for the Elysian Fields 2024 April Challenge Month.
This story is dedicated to Magnus374, it is the answer to his challenge. This challenge is a way to see if I can jumpstart anyone's muse. The symbolic value of Spike getting rid of the soul with the help of Buffy is beyond measurement, so I would love to see many more stories about that. The important thing is that he gets rid of it forever.
You did jumpstart my muse. I couldn’t bring myself to write a story of Spike getting rid of the soul he fought so hard for, so my muse came up with this. I believe it hits all the points you wanted to hit, so I hope it doesn’t disappoint.
~~~
An extra large thank you to cd85 for the beautiful banner.
~~~
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. I am only keeping the fandom alive in our hearts.
~~~

1. Chapter 1 by Joan963z - Likes: 28 Comments: 20 Word Count: 5,263 Hit Count: 698 Published: April 01, 2024

Important note: This story starts the day after Warren attempts to frame Buffy for Katrina’s murder. Buffy is still trying to cope with being pulled out of heaven.

~~~